Hardinge Cobra 42t -vs- Conquest 42. What are the fundamental diffs...
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hardinge Cobra 42t -vs- Conquest 42. What are the fundamental diffs...

Hi everyone,
    Looking (hopefully) at a Cobra 42 Fanuc21T in a few days. I see a lot of Cobra's and a lot of Conquests from Hardinge. I cannot find much on what the differences are between the two names. I did find this that outlines some info on the 'T' line. Anyone know at a high level from a cobra to a conquest?
    https://www.hardinge.com/wp-content/...6A_TSeries.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Cobra Series and Conquest Series lathes are two completely different animals in design and construction. As an example the Cobra is actually a horizontal flat bed lathe with a "wedge" which makes up the "slant bed" configuration,controls, motors and etc are downgraded from FANUC and numerous other changes as related to linear guide way and ball screw sizes. Cobras were designed and built with cost in mind to keep the price low, although they are a good machine. The Conquest series machines are much more heavy duty and rigid due to them being a full synthetic granite (HArcrete) true slant bed base construction, larger ball screws and linear guide way, full function Fanuc controls and operator panels, better motors and etc - these are a much more rigid and extremely accurate machine with a lot more optional features. Cost was not a "real" consideration on these machines, they were designed for extreme accuracy.

Tom

3. Likes matthewlee liked this post