What's new
What's new

Hardinge DSM 59 stop rods out of sync with turret

jljim

Cast Iron
The stop rods on my newly acquired dsm 59 out out of sync with the turret position. I have the upper half of the turret removed and flipped over, not sure how the stop rod holder is fastened to the shaft. The other end is splined into a coupling and the rod will slide just a little back and forth. If I can get the stop rod holder off the shaft, I think I can reindex BDFD2EE6-6A57-4F89-A98A-D48AE28384F5.jpgthe shaft in the splined coupling ?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that rod driven by a bevel gear further along? It may have been dismantled before and put back on the wrong spot.

Problem solved. Remove all the stop rods, take off the jam nut from the outside end of the rod. The outside collar will slide off the rod and the shaft will slide out of the splined collar. The inside collar is keyed to the shaft but mine slide right through. The stop rods thread through both the inside and outside collars and tie it all together. I just needed to remove all the stop rods and it all came apart. Rotated the shaft about 3 splines and reassembled. Used a 5/8” collet and a piece of tgp bar to realign the gibs.

Back