What's new
What's new

Hardinge TFB-H Compound Slide Removal

That screw head looking thing on the right is actually a cam lock. Loosen it and pull it out. I think the compound lifts straight up after removing the cam lock.

That screw head looking thing on the right is actually a cam lock. Loosen it and pull it out. I think the compound lifts straight up after removing the cam lock.

Yes, what Fred said. Crank the top of the slide back over the bottom half, find the most free spot in the rotation of the locking cam and wiggle/twist it a bit while you pull on it.
No hammer is required, unless it’s broken...

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My uncertainty comes from I do not do it very often. When I do I am almost on automatic. Like telling someone how to tie a tie. Can not do it without watching myself in a mirror a couple of times.

Been feeding bars into a screw machine for the last week, when I go over to the rack to get a bar and start back to the operator's side I never am sure if I had already set the bar feed to receive the bar. Sometimes I have to set the bar down to fix the situation.

Getting old beats dying young though.

Yes, what Fred said. Crank the top of the slide back over the bottom half, find the most free spot in the rotation of the locking cam and wiggle/twist it a bit while you pull on it.
No hammer is required, unless it’s broken...

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That worked thanks. I was trying to hit the pliers with a hammer and it wasn't budging.

Back