Hardinge HC chucker threaded spindle nose specs ? (size for chucks) - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was asking for pictures of a HC with a tapered nose....

I sold a NOS 6" Hardinge 3 jaw a few years ago on eBay and it did not go for much, perhaps even less than $300.00. I was curious and wrote the guy who bought it what he was going to be using it on. I think it may have been a Mazak CNC that had the same spindle nose. If you plan to sell it it might be worth researching what other machines it might work on and market to owners of those brands as well.

Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stradbash View Post
    I sold a NOS 6" Hardinge 3 jaw a few years ago on eBay and it did not go for much, perhaps even less than $300.00. I was curious and wrote the guy who bought it what he was going to be using it on. I think it was a Mazak CNC that had the same spindle nose.
    May have been an "A" type spindle.
    If it was a Mazak with a Hardinge threaded or tapered
    spindle........I WOULD like to see a picture of that.

3. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was asking for pictures of a HC with a tapered nose....

I sold a NOS 6" Hardinge 3 jaw a few years ago on eBay and it did not go for much, perhaps even less than $300.00. I was curious and wrote the guy who bought it what he was going to be using it on. I think it was a Mazak CNC that had the same spindle nose. If you plan to sell it it might be worth researching what other machines it might work on and market to owners of those brands as well.
    Weird...never heard of a CNC lathe with a threaded spindle nose. Yeah I figure the Hardinge chuck not worth much...mostly because it is not "Adjust-Thru" type....but the Buck one should be as good as they get and therefore worth a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Just an FYI in regards to spindles HLV, DSM, DV, HSL were all standard with a taper nose, HC was standard with threaded nose, however either spindle could be ordered at no charge.

Tom
    Yeah I recently saw an HLV-H advertised with threaded nose. But I used to own an HC with the tapered nose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My memory of what he was using it on is fuzzy as it was outside of my area of interest. I'll look to see if I still have the message...

I do not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My memory of what he was using it on is fuzzy as it was outside of my area of interest. I'll look to see if I still have the message...
    Maybe he was adapting it for a subspindle somehow...but those should be hydraulic chucks so even that makes no sense really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or possibly an indexer...
    Whatever he was using it on, I know it was not hardinge but did have a spindle nose with the same thread.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to revive such an old thread, I tried PM'ing but Milacron's PM box is full..

I saw this posts re: the 5c threaded spindle chucks. I have a 5c threaded nose spindle (but its an A2-3 spindle !!) so its been hard to find a chuck... would you be interested in selling either chuck ? If theres a choice, I'd want the smallest one as my lathe is pretty "light"...

Sorry to bug you if this is an offense, just really wanting one of these and although not pricey, theyre hard to find...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by phatbob View Post
    Sorry to revive such an old thread, I tried PM'ing but Milacron's PM box is full..

I saw this posts re: the 5c threaded spindle chucks. I have a 5c threaded nose spindle (but its an A2-3 spindle !!) so its been hard to find a chuck... would you be interested in selling either chuck ? If theres a choice, I'd want the smallest one as my lathe is pretty "light"...

Sorry to bug you if this is an offense, just really wanting one of these and although not pricey, theyre hard to find...
    If you want a chuck for an A2-3 spindle, why ask Milacron if he still has those two chucks with Hardinge 1-3/16"-10 threads?

The full mailbox is how he prevents bugging.

Larry

11. Likes Stradbash liked this post