What's new
What's new

Hardinge HC max speed adjustment

steelz

Aluminum
I have a late model HC with the newer style jack screw where the motor is installed from the bottom. I changed the belts today and everything seemed fine until I took the speed to 3,000 RPM. The jack screw raises the pulleys too high and they scrape on something inside the cabinet. When I run the screw all the way up it it looks like it's going to run right off the top of the screw. On my older HC I recall that there was a limit switch and the shut off could be adjusted. I removed the cover where the electrical is for the jack screw motor and there is a rotary like switch in there, but I don't see the adjustment I had on my other machine.

Can someone instruct me on the HC speed stop adjustment?

Thank you

I have a late model HC with the newer style jack screw where the motor is installed from the bottom. I changed the belts today and everything seemed fine until I took the speed to 3,000 RPM. The jack screw raises the pulleys too high and they scrape on something inside the cabinet. When I run the screw all the way up it it looks like it's going to run right off the top of the screw. On my older HC I recall that there was a limit switch and the shut off could be adjusted. I removed the cover where the electrical is for the jack screw motor and there is a rotary like switch in there, but I don't see the adjustment I had on my other machine.

Did you ever get an answer? I have the same questions.
I just got my varispeed working on my HC, but it looks like it is going to run off the end of the jackscrew sometimes.
I'm sure I don't have the tension right either, as the spindle/headstock belt is getting chewed up.

Back