What's new
What's new

Hardinge HC Parts List ?

skippy

Aluminum
Guys,

I have a new project - a Hardinge HC. It's in working condition, but need a bit of love and attention. I was hoping to strip it down over winter, (in the southern hemisphere), and tidy and paint it, probably mouse grey to match the Deckel FP1. I've had a trawl around the internet and found a few Hardinge parts manuals in the US Hardinge site: http://www.hardingeus.com/usr/pdf/PartsList/Turning/ but haven't been able to find one for the HC model. Hardinge seem to be a good bunch, do you think it's worth asking them if they still have a parts manual available?

Cheers,

Steve

There is a "Hardinge Lathe" site on Yahoo Groups. Many Hardinge manuals have been scanned and uploaded to the "files" section. I have done this for quite a few Hardinge manuals. I didn't do the HC parts manual, but the operator's manual and the maintenance manuals are there. You will have to join the group to gain access to the files (or even the messages).

Hardinge will have nothing in the way of documentation on these old lathes. If you call Hardinge for any documentation on manual machines or accessories, they will tell you they have a CD with everything they have on it for about $175. On that CD is the manuals for the HLV-H and the TFB lathes, along with a few wiring diagrams. The only parts they might have for an HC would be those that are also used on the HLV-H or some other late-model lathe. I was told by Hardinge that the only manual machine they support in any way, is the HLV-H. I think I am going to part out a couple of HC's soon, but shipping anything out of the USA would be both cumbersome and expensive. My user ID on the Yahoo Group site is Ferrofab2005.

Ta guys, One of the sellers on ebay will email a pdf format copy, so I don't have to wait for postage. I also went to look at the Yahoo site - when I get time I'll have a trawl through it for information, and have a look for the maintenance manual. Cheers, Steve

Thanks Jim, I assume that it was you who just uploaded a HC parts list to the Yahoo Hardinge site. The maintenance manuals are great too. Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, I assume that it was you who just uploaded a HC parts list to the Yahoo Hardinge site. The maintenance manuals are great too. Cheers, Steve

Steve, I know this is an old thread, but I've just received a Chucker and wanted to know your status with your maintenance manuals? Searching for a Chucker parts list or service manual is harder than it appears?

Thanks in advance,

I'm rebuilding an AHC and 2 DSMA's and I just emailed Hardinge and they sent the parts manuals. Great service and I had them in about an hour of emailing. The guy on the other end said they sale parts thru their vendors and I found one in AZ i'll be bugging soon.

Wow....I am curious to what extent parts for AHC's and DSMA's are available anymore.
Also curious that you are still intending to use those model and vintage machines!

I'm rebuilding an AHC and 2 DSMA's and I just emailed Hardinge and they sent the parts manuals. Great service and I had them in about an hour of emailing. The guy on the other end said they sale parts thru their vendors and I found one in AZ i'll be bugging soon.

Back