What's new
What's new

Hardinge HC -T 3 wireing diagram

stenly

Plastic
Hardinge HC -T 3 wireing diagram heed

hello i need a wiring diagram for Hardinge HC-T 3 lathe. I bought the machine without a transformer and I have no idea what it is. I attach pictures of the cables and the electrical panel.thanks in advance.https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HXrng-K0z-w6SHLRfQ2C_B2bEKfpZL6_
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tE89Myi8I03pE4epnK_ZTs3bthO78BHA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cBz1Qr-Nh5fPD7L7VkTgq68-NfWPTo93
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cTxq3sZY5j_RTuRpUkkF52G2OnYKbyYr

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 73
Since there is no wiring diagram number on the nameplate, this may be a 1 off product.

To help us to determine what you have, I have a few questions to get more info.

1. What is your shop power? 220, 240, 380 or 416 Volt 3 phase, or something else.

2. Post some general pictures of the machine so we can determine if there is variable speed or just High/Low and Fwd/Rev. If there is a coolant pump and if it has a threading attachment.

3. Post a photo of the spindle motor nameplate to determine it's power requirements.

Bill

Thanks fir the replay

yes . It have colant pump and threading attachment.
And variaable speed too.
I have 220V and 380 3 phase too
Pleas find the pictures

IMG_20200303_123319.jpg
IMG_20200303_122917.jpg

Regards

The first picture is of the coolant pump?
it appears to be dual voltage 380 and 416 Volt.

An in focus close up photo of the speed control panel in your second picture will provide info on what kind of varispeed you have. It is not a standard HC varispeed, because you do not have enough parts in the electrical panel for the standard one.

A good photo showing the belts and varispeed assembly, there should be a nameplate on the speed control motor, a picture of that nameplate.

There should be a brake assembly too.

And a photo of the nameplate on the main spindle motor. I don't think it is the standard HC motor either.

On the door of the electrical panel there should be a place to put an electrical drawing, is there anything there? or rolled up at the bottom of the panel? or tucked in somewhere else? Any thing at all? Even if it means nothing to you can help sort things out.

The top lever is for low and high speed, the lower lever is forward stop reverse.

The missing transformer may be 3 phase with W,X, and Y labels on the wires.

There is a 3 phase white breaker partially covered with black power cable.
at the bottom of this breaker there are red and black wires attached. Can you read the wire labels on those wires and let me know what they say?

And last question, there should be a feed assembly on the far right end of the lathe, a good photo of that will help too.

Bill

If you PM me your email address, I will send you a manual for a British HC, HCT Setup and running, tooling info, but nothing on electricals.

Hi Stenly,
Your HCT-3 lathe is a 380/440 voltage, UK manufactured machine (in America it is called a "chucker" lathe). The electrical panel was made by a company called F&R Cooling (see the red/silver label on bottom right inside the box) and has Telemecanique contactors - very reliable, good quality, operate quietly too! I can see from the picture of the electrical panel that it is missing a multi-voltage transformer from the top left hand side of the panel - this is where the bare wires would have been connected. It would help you best if you can find someone else who also has one of these machines and can supply you with photos of the wiring conections on an actual machine. The multi-voltage transformer had various tappings on it to allow the panel to be fed with any voltage, either 220v, 380v, or 440v, it was simply a case of moving the feed wire to the appropriate voltage tapping. Other connections on the transformer were for control panel voltage - 110v in this case, and 25v or 50v for any machine lighting set. The 2 switches at the top of the panel, (low/high & forward/reverse) area ASEA type switches - nice lightly operating switches, reliable and good quality, better than some I have seen.
The main motor shown in the top picture was made by Newman Motors of Yate, Bristol UK, it is 0.5/1.5hp. Other motors such as the variable speed motor (AC, brushless) and the DC power feed motor are made by Croydon. The coolant pump is mounted on a sump at the far end (tailstock end) at the rear of the pedestal top tray (in this case it is the same pedestal base as used for the KL-1 centre lathe built in the UK - no apologies are offered for my UK spelling, gentlemen). PS. I am the guy that made the original drawings up for this pedestal in the Hardinge UK Drawing Office - copied from American original drawings but modified to suit UK manufacture.
It sounds like "hitandmiss" can help you out with a manual, I can't help you much further - I left Hardinge in 1979!
Regards, Barry.

Back