What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV-BK Serial Number Location?

Mickey_D

Stainless
I have an early HLV-BK (made in England) and am trying to find the serial number on it? Anyone have a good idea where to look? Not sure if it was painted over or what but it is not where it is on my HLV-H.

I have never owned one and have not looked at one for decades. But my best guess is the number will be on the back of the headstock, stamped on a flat surface. Here is one from a 1944 model ESM59.

Larry

ESM59 Ser.59-22955-1 Late 1944.JPG

I had not had a manual lathe for the last four or five years and now I have four and need to thin the herd a little. The BK has been converted to a VFD and transformer for the variable speed so it runs off of 240 single or 240 three phase and it is a nice machine, but I picked up a nice HLV-H inch and a very nice inch/metric Taiwan clone so I figure those would make a nice pair of retirement machines and space must be made. The BK works and the spindle is quiet, most of the paint is there but is starting to flake on the backside of the headstock, has a collet closer, 3 jaw, and some misc. collets. Any rough ideas on value now? I had planned on it being the "one", but I got lucky on the other two.

I have an early UK built HLV (not BK, but not entirely sure what the difference is or that it matters) and my SN is on the horizontal surface where the collet closer attaches, not more than a few inches from the spindle lock pin. My SN is a light stamping and it's not hard to imagine a few layers of paint obscuring it. Good luck!

I have an early UK built HLV (not BK, but not entirely sure what the difference is or that it matters) and my SN is on the horizontal surface where the collet closer attaches, not more than a few inches from the spindle lock pin. My SN is a light stamping and it's not hard to imagine a few layers of paint obscuring it. Good luck!

I have a HLV-BK and the serial number is in the same place on the collet closer tab, top surface.

That is where it is and it was - HLV-0018.

Back