What's new
What's new

Hardinge hlv-h

dmh13433

Aluminum
Hardinge hlv-h Steady Rest

I bought a hardinge hlv-h about 15 years ago and it didn't have the steady rest with it.
I took one to the foundry and they made 4 rough castings for me. I have 3 of them left over and would like to get rid of them.
If anyone would be interested, I could ship them to you. I just ask for the shipping cost and maybe $20 per set of castings.
Just PM me if you would be interested. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7470.jpg
    IMG_7470.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
I have four people that want the steady rest, but only 3 available.

The four of you that want a set, if you already have a set please let me know. If you don't have a set I would rather send to you.
Thanks

I have four people that want the steady rest, but only 3 available.

The four of you that want a set, if you already have a set please let me know. If you don't have a set I would rather send to you.
Thanks

I do not have a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a super deal for three of you, if you have time to do all the machining, and make the missing parts. I once had one with a broken finger and realised the fingers were made of cast iron to prevent galling when used on steel bar. The fingers are surface ground, which makes it hard to tell from steel. I have not looked lately, but I think the parts other than the two main castings are the same as on the late model DV59 steadies, which sell for much less than the HLV-H model.

For the fourth guy, I have an original HLV-H steady rest for sale. It is in new condition, no sign of use, but has a company name and 1980 date scratched in the black spatter paint. It is complete and ready to use. Price $600 + shipping, which is much less than any on eBay.

Larry

It looks like 3 people responded in the thread to show interest. These 3 were polite enough to let the rest of the readers know they wanted the steadies and should be given priority. It is only polite to state in the thread intention to buy. The best for sale threads remind people to post in the thread and order is given as it shows in the thread.

That is a super deal for three of you, if you have time to do all the machining, and make the missing parts. I once had one with a broken finger and realised the fingers were made of cast iron to prevent galling when used on steel bar. The fingers are surface ground, which makes it hard to tell from steel. I have not looked lately, but I think the parts other than the two main castings are the same as on the late model DV59 steadies, which sell for much less than the HLV-H model.

For the fourth guy, I have an original HLV-H steady rest for sale. It is in new condition, no sign of use, but has a company name and 1980 date scratched in the black spatter paint. It is complete and ready to use. Price $600 + shipping, which is much less than any on eBay.

Larry

For those whose private message storage is full and cannot receive replies, email me at larryvanice at gmail dot com

Larry

For those whose private message storage is full and cannot receive replies, email me at larryvanice at gmail dot com

Larry

I had a member write to me and say his message storage is full, but he does not know how to empty it. I thought others may need this information.

In PM, click on Notifications, then Inbox. In the Inbox screen, click the
boxes next to the dates of the messages you want to delete. Then click the
Selected Messages box and click the dot next to Delete, then click Proceed.
Then click on Sent Messages and repeat the process. You are limited to
storing a total of 50 messages, whether in Inbox or Sent. Once you have 50
in storage, you cannot receive a message.

I prefer that anyone sending me a private message include their email
address so I can reply by email.

Larry

As the fourth person has not surfaced and the original poster has not been in touch with me, these are going to Jim’s good home. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back