Hardinge hlv-h
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Hardinge hlv-h

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Hardinge hlv-h Steady Rest

    I bought a hardinge hlv-h about 15 years ago and it didn't have the steady rest with it.
    I took one to the foundry and they made 4 rough castings for me. I have 3 of them left over and would like to get rid of them.
    If anyone would be interested, I could ship them to you. I just ask for the shipping cost and maybe $20 per set of castings.
    Just PM me if you would be interested. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_7470.jpg  
    Last edited by dmh13433; 07-07-2018 at 10:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    1,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    705

    Default

    Those are really nice, and what a deal, some folks should jump on that (already have one here, but thinking if there may be another widget one might be used for..). Cheers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3616
    Likes (Received)
    4262

    Default

    Please read the rules and change the title of your post accordingly
    Topic titles need to inform what your topic is actually about
    JR

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1282
    Likes (Received)
    55

    Default

    Interested!
    PM sent. Hardinge hlv-h


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    If you still have one casting set left I would love one for my HLV-H, PM Sent
    Sam

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    30
    Likes (Received)
    50

    Default

    I am interested if you have a set left
    Jon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    I have four people that want the steady rest, but only 3 available.

    The four of you that want a set, if you already have a set please let me know. If you don't have a set I would rather send to you.
    Thanks

  8. Likes Stradbash liked this post
  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1282
    Likes (Received)
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmh13433 View Post
    I have four people that want the steady rest, but only 3 available.

    The four of you that want a set, if you already have a set please let me know. If you don't have a set I would rather send to you.
    Thanks
    I do not have a set.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    12,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    613
    Likes (Received)
    3616

    Default

    That is a super deal for three of you, if you have time to do all the machining, and make the missing parts. I once had one with a broken finger and realised the fingers were made of cast iron to prevent galling when used on steel bar. The fingers are surface ground, which makes it hard to tell from steel. I have not looked lately, but I think the parts other than the two main castings are the same as on the late model DV59 steadies, which sell for much less than the HLV-H model.

    For the fourth guy, I have an original HLV-H steady rest for sale. It is in new condition, no sign of use, but has a company name and 1980 date scratched in the black spatter paint. It is complete and ready to use. Price $600 + shipping, which is much less than any on eBay.

    Larry

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    I do not have a set for my lathe.
    Sam

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, Central Coast
    Posts
    2,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2090
    Likes (Received)
    1026

    Default

    It looks like 3 people responded in the thread to show interest. These 3 were polite enough to let the rest of the readers know they wanted the steadies and should be given priority. It is only polite to state in the thread intention to buy. The best for sale threads remind people to post in the thread and order is given as it shows in the thread.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    12,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    613
    Likes (Received)
    3616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L Vanice View Post
    That is a super deal for three of you, if you have time to do all the machining, and make the missing parts. I once had one with a broken finger and realised the fingers were made of cast iron to prevent galling when used on steel bar. The fingers are surface ground, which makes it hard to tell from steel. I have not looked lately, but I think the parts other than the two main castings are the same as on the late model DV59 steadies, which sell for much less than the HLV-H model.

    For the fourth guy, I have an original HLV-H steady rest for sale. It is in new condition, no sign of use, but has a company name and 1980 date scratched in the black spatter paint. It is complete and ready to use. Price $600 + shipping, which is much less than any on eBay.

    Larry
    For those whose private message storage is full and cannot receive replies, email me at larryvanice at gmail dot com

    Larry

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    12,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    613
    Likes (Received)
    3616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L Vanice View Post
    For those whose private message storage is full and cannot receive replies, email me at larryvanice at gmail dot com

    Larry
    I had a member write to me and say his message storage is full, but he does not know how to empty it. I thought others may need this information.

    In PM, click on Notifications, then Inbox. In the Inbox screen, click the
    boxes next to the dates of the messages you want to delete. Then click the
    Selected Messages box and click the dot next to Delete, then click Proceed.
    Then click on Sent Messages and repeat the process. You are limited to
    storing a total of 50 messages, whether in Inbox or Sent. Once you have 50
    in storage, you cannot receive a message.

    I prefer that anyone sending me a private message include their email
    address so I can reply by email.

    Larry

  15. Likes Stradbash liked this post
  16. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1282
    Likes (Received)
    55

    Default

    Hello Folks,

    Who was the person who did not get a set of castings. The set I got is available.

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    77

    Default

    I am NOT the person who did not get a casting set but am interested if it is not claimed. PM sent.

  18. Likes Stradbash liked this post
  19. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1282
    Likes (Received)
    55

    Default

    As the fourth person has not surfaced and the original poster has not been in touch with me, these are going to Jim’s good home. Hardinge hlv-h


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •