What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV-H Current Market Values?

cinematechnic

Cast Iron
Anyone here that has recently purchased a HLV-H? I'm trying to determine what current values are for a good mechanical / good cosmetic condition HLV-H.

I'd also be interested in knowing about any recent HLV-H EM sales although I know that version carries a big premium. Exactly how much is what I don't know. I'm guessing around $5-8k more than the equivalent English-only version?

Real sales prices are what I am after. The ridiculous asking prices that are seen, on fleaBay for example, are only suited to generate material for humorous posts on this forum.

In fact I still remember the HLV-H with a hideous green paint job (may have been brushed on) that was listed for $29k or something absurd like that. I recall another eBay listing where the idiot that spray painted the lathe did not even bother to take the collets out of the collet holder, and all the collet shanks had overspray on them!

Thanks!

2 I’ve seen local to me “ central KY” went for I think close to 5 K few years ago .Both were at auction and looked pretty good . With some tooling but not alot . Maybe 2 chucks collets and some centers

I was in market for a fully refurbished (e.g. like new) HLV-H a while back, and prices were coming in the $20-30K range.

I've seen a couple go at auction in Texas, one was a bit rough and went for I think $12k+ before premiums, another looked to be in better condition and I think went for $15k+ before premiums. Didn't see the second one in person and only gave the first one a cursory looking over when I went to pick up my items. Can't remember what tooling went with them.

Last year I paid $8k for a 1985ish with full set of c5 collets including squares and hex, 3, 4 and 6 jaw Buck chucks, face plate, 2 albright keyless drill chucks, 3 centers, 3 hardinge knurlers, L18 quick change tool post, 6 tool holders, dro and work light. Came with a 208 to 480v xformer. It was low hours in a P&G maintenance shop with less than .001 wear on the way near the spindle. I'd call it excellent mechanical condition. Cosmetically only fair to good. I paid another $1000 for shipping.

Back