Hardinge HLV-H feet
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hardinge HLV-H feet

I recently bought a Feeler 618 EM copy of the HLV-H. Included in the box of goodies were (3) feet that look like they’ve either never been used or it’s been a very long time. Two feet have flat bottoms. One is larger, and has a half-sphere on the bottom to, presumably, create a very singular point of contact with the floor.

I see places for installing (6) feet and am going to make 3 more. My questions are, where does the “special” foot/feet go, and do I need more than one? In other words should I make 3 more flat feet or should one or more of the new ones copy the half-sphere design.

Colchester UK (where the lathes used to be made)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The hardinge has only four pads the , from memory, rear right is adjustable to steady the base on an uneven floor. The lathe bed has a three point suspension so does not need to be levelled, but you don't want the cabinet to rock or be twisted as that can effect the belt running.

I can't imagine the feeler required six feet , are you sure they are not for fixing to the shipping pallet?

3. Likes Richard King liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That could be! I don’t know.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the HLV-H cabinets I’ve seen have 4 feet.

For Hardinge , the 3 point kinematic mount is the bed/frame casting mount interface to the cabinet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On inspection, the 5/8“ shaft on one of the old feet that I got with it was bent. So I made (4) new ones, including the right rear with the half-sphere on the bottom. Hadn’t used my radius-maker for the Webb in a while. It was a good first threading project for the Feeler. The threading setup on these is, as you all already know, fantastic. I’m a fan.

She’s up on her sexy new stainless T303 “high heels” now and leveled off. I made the feet 1-1/4” taller because I’m tall, and I had some 1-5/8” diameter T303 drops from another job that were perfect.

7. Likes Billtodd liked this post