What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV H wire digram help Style LH-8220

JRivera

Aluminum
Having issue with my machine . Can’t get it to do anything . Trying to trak down a wire digram for it . I checked the kill switch on the head stock . I am running it off a converter . Here a picture of what it looks likes. Any help would be welcomed . Thanks

Attachments

• E821E49F-2D31-48D3-81DD-0ED8D63E68B2.jpg
    E821E49F-2D31-48D3-81DD-0ED8D63E68B2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 267C5AD9-73D1-4ED6-B7EB-D62D8FEB5E8D.jpg
    267C5AD9-73D1-4ED6-B7EB-D62D8FEB5E8D.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 136
The first thing to try is reset the over-load relay. Mine has two dark red push buttons. Located on the left side of the cabinet.

Get the diagram number that's on the nameplate and call the Hardinge Parts department. The lady there emailed me a copy of the diagram. Now I know nothing is free and I did spend a few bills on some needed parts & pieces during the call.

Nice thanks for the help . It’s really hard to upload decent pictures on this site with the size requirements

Has it ever worked from your converter? Please do not try a capacitor only phase converter on these machines ( rotary ones are ok) they are motor killers and you do not want to replcae that motor!

If it has been working ok, then the usual problem is , as stated above, is the motor overload sensors . There is a small lever or button to reset them on each one, any one tripped will stop all the contactors working, so reset all of them.

Check for blown fuses and loose wires on the contactor coils terminals .

Check the reverse switch , on some (uk) machines this disconects the main power when operated , so if it is in a half-way state it will stop the power contactor working.

You've checked the spindle lock (always catches me that one!)

Bill

Has it ever worked from your converter? Please do not try a capacitor only phase converter on these machines ( rotary ones are ok) they are motor killers and you do not want to replcae that motor!

If it has been working ok, then the usual problem is , as stated above, is the motor overload sensors . There is a small lever or button to reset them on each one, any one tripped will stop all the contactors working, so reset all of them.

Check for blown fuses and loose wires on the contactor coils terminals .

Check the reverse switch , on some (uk) machines this disconects the main power when operated , so if it is in a half-way state it will stop the power contactor working.

You've checked the spindle lock (always catches me that one!)

Bill

NO , it hasnt . got it from a place it was pulled and was un able to test it out . i lose power at the transformer in the cabinet. The machine cam from an aerospace place . it has the 460 i believe transformer on the back as a step down .

i have a phase a matic static converter that i was going to use . but i dont think that will be happen now . thanks for the info

If any one. Needs a copy of this send me a PM . I got a copy of it . Thanks for all the help and info

Ok the bad now .. got the machine to turn on . It will run for 30 seconds and turn off . Won’t start in low gear only high . Hahah this is not fun . I just want to turn some stuff . Any ideas ?

Back