What's new
What's new

Hardinge lathe model

Banjo86

Plastic
I’m looking for some help figuring out what model lathe I have. I picked it up at a local farm auction a couple months ago. I know it’s a hardinge from the name tag but I can’t find any tags with a model. It has threading gears and a taper attachment. I’m mainly trying to figure out the model so if I need parts and if I can even get parts. Any help would be appreciated.B9F4EDE4-437F-42EC-AFD1-BF2104A47804.jpg2EB1E5BE-7EEB-43C5-BFD0-DA2648B8DDF5.jpg253A60C1-A253-4D3F-A2CA-B632A41B8C34.jpg

Attachments

• CC16D8FA-CD8B-4EEA-A3B5-A5CD01B11403.jpg
    CC16D8FA-CD8B-4EEA-A3B5-A5CD01B11403.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 99
Thanks! Good to be able to find some info. Can’t say the same about parts. I’m looking for a top slide and also a rack for the carriage. There are teeth missing about 2/3 of the way down the lathe. Still useable just kind of annoying when you go past that point. The top slide was broke and repaired once. Any ideas of where I could possible get the parts to fix it?

Definitely a TL and a very early model. Probably 1939-1941. Major differences from later models include lower headstock bed, brake ass'y in headstock, shorter carriage and twist knob feed clutches. SN from the end of the bed should help to narrow down build year.

Parts are available almost solely from donor machines. Ebay has been the usual source. Unfortuately, both parts that you mention are sought after. I have a few TL parts, though neither of the two you mention; PM me for contact info.
Jim

Nice town!
I used to get down to Columbia Aircraft Services on the airport there on occasion, but they stole cylinders from us twice so we avoid them now when possible.

My TL's are both buried for work on the house, and space in the shop. I might have one spare topslide, but was planning to use it for the quick retract feature, on my SB10K "eventually". Need to check the other TL's to see if their topslides are present.

Is the slide itself broken, or the T-slot?
Many Hardinge compound T-slots for various models turn up broken out, and then repaired by milling a step and bolting (screwing) on a steel plate.

smt

Back