What's new
What's new

Hardinge radius tool video?

sid pileski

Plastic
Good day all.
I'm new to this site, but not to machining.
I was wondering if anyone has or could do a short video of installing and adjusting the L9 radius tool for an HLVH?
Wouldn't have to actually cut anything.
I'm debating to buy one (used), or make one??

Thanks, Sid

I have one for the 7" bed HLV-H or TFB-H, but have not used it, so no video. I will sell it, since it is just sitting on a shelf. I did use the smaller 3.5" bed version on my HSL once years ago to make an aluminum ball knob for a vise handle, and it did work. But no video on that one either.

Larry

I have one for the 7" bed HLV-H or TFB-H, but have not used it, so no video. I will sell it, since it is just sitting on a shelf. I did use the smaller 3.5" bed version on my HSL once years ago to make an aluminum ball knob for a vise handle, and it did work. But no video on that one either.

Larry

That's encouraging!
Can you pm me with details?

Thanks, Sid

Larry, a picture or 2 for the rest of us would be nice. Ideas filed away for future projects and all.

This is my L9 that fits the HLV-H and TFB-H lathes. The D14 is identical except for a thinner bottom that fits the smaller swing and bed of the DV59 and HSL lathes.

DSC02193.jpg DSC02195.jpg DSC02198.jpg DSC02201.jpg DSC02200.jpg

Larry

Larry, that is a nice looking attachment. If I was younger, I would sure take that off your hands. Building something that nice would be an undertaking. I am seeing retirement in my near future and it would be sitting on the shelf here also.

Back