What's new
What's new

Hardinge TM/UM parts Or help

mad mac

Plastic
I am in need of a few parts for my TM/UM that I got for Free. The machine is in very good shape but it need a arbor support, or I could use help with some dimensions and maybe a few pictures so I can make one from scratch. I also am in need of a draw tube but that could be made also. Let me know If anyone could help me out or would be willing to trade something for there time. I am a Machinist so making these would not be hard but its hard to duplicate without some numbers or a sample.

thanks in advance Mac

Mac,
If you were not aware, there is a specific yahoo Hardinge mill users group at
Yahoo Hardinge mill group

There is quite a bit bit of information in the files and photos section although you have to join the group to view them. Almost every conceivable question about TMs and UMs has been asked and answered - you can use their search function.

A neighbor of mine has an unmachined casting of the overarm support. It would require machining, but that should be possible on your mill. I'm not sure he still has it but if you're interested, I can put you in touch with him.

Jim S.

yes dan I got your email.

Jim could you get me the contact info for the guy with the casting.

SIP6A can I get a time to come check your mill out and take some mesurments?

I basicly need to know the length of the over arm and I need some dimensions on the arbor support.

I have joined the users group and it has helped but I am still looking for some things.

thanks guys

I will be calling jim tommarow but i am trying to get ahold of sip since he basicly lives in my neighborhood. I need the dimensions for the 5c collet tube I could most likly use the 4c as a guide I can get the dfx file from the user group on yahoo. I don't see the arbor on plaza's site do you have a link?

Well Dan is the man he is going to let me borrow his parts I need to make myself. I owe Dan greatly this is very good of him to trust me with the parts that are so hard to get. I truly do appreciate all the help he has given me. Thank you Dan

Jim I want to thank you also for setting me up with Strom I will be getting both castings from him this week. I just wanted to tell you guys how remakable this is that you are willing to help. Thank you Jim

This help will go twice as far since myself and a friend of mine are going to be rebuilding 2 machines. Mine is a UM his is a TM.

Thank you for all your help
Mac

Mac,

Thanks for the accolades but there were none needed and from my perspective you owe me nothing. I am glad to help “most” people and I don’t want to see you break stride in your restoration project so the complete 1” arbor & overarm support will be headed your way Monday morning on loan for you to dissemble, measure, and use as patterns. I will also try to send the other items that you wanted to reproduce.

I still consider myself in Hardinge mill “101” and have been assisted by very knowledgeable gentlemen like Jim, Larry, and others and I again want to thank these kind & thoughtful people and would like to occasionally pass what little help I can be along to others where applicable……..

If you get the time, it may be useful to make and post a simple “shop drawing/sketch” of the overarm support including dimensions & bearing specifications so that if someone else is in need of those specifications they would be available. Again, this is merely a suggestion if you have the time and not a necessity so please don’t feel compelled to complete this thought, but I don’t think that the particular arbor support dimensions that you need are posted anywhere. Thanks --- Dan

I will be posting up all my info and I will add a file to the Yahoo group also, I plan on making a IGES. file and a DFX. file, I will also post a standard file for the non cad types:) I will draw up a complete drawing of the overarm and overarm support. I will make up a complete drawing of the 1" arbor also and make the associated files to go alone with it.

I do need some help with repairing my hardinge vise I know Dan doesn't have one so its hard for him to help, but maybe someone else may have some light on the subject. My vise is missing the split ring and some other components to the swivel base.

thanks in advance
Mac

Back