Help with Centroid Bridgeport - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on this so far, I ran a Centroid control a bit older than the conversion yours was. I understand them not wanting to go backwards with support. Likely most of the staff that knew that control is retired.

I have a contact who might be willing, for pay, to help you. He was a Centroid rep for many years.

Charles

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, but I am pretty sure I'll get it figured out.

The latest issue that came up is that, after re-sealing the rotary table, it's not homing any more. Hopefully I'll get the "bugs" worked out.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Follow-up

I had to replace the prox sensor on the table, but now it homes properly. I must have jarred the old one rebuilding the table.

I also ordered the Centroid wireless MPG. It came quickly and installed easily, but I had a little spiff with Centroid over it. They advertise it for $239, so I ordered it online. It arrived with all hardware, but the instructions tell you to enter the "option unlock" code. None was provided, and when I called to get it they charged me another $139!! I tongue lashed them for an hour over deceptive advertising. There is an ambiguous statement on the website in fine print that the addition is needed for the "allin1dc" only. It gives the impression it is a charge for extra dongles to use the MPG on additional machines. No such thing. It is not a software addition...just a code to enable the software already in the CPU12.

They should advertise the MPG as $378, as $139 is a significant hit just to get a code. I like the Centroid system, but Jeez do they nickle and dime you to death.