What's new
What's new

HELP! Hardinge VMC 1000ii slows down on arc moves

dslickerii

Plastic
I’m having a problem where my mill will slow down to about 30% of the programmed feed rate on any type of arc 2 axis or 3 axis movement. This really kills the cycle time and it’s not like I’m feeding fast so I don’t think it would be an acceleration or deceleration issue. Ex. I can program for 1 IPM and it will do .3 on an arc. I hope it’s just a parameter change but I’m having a heck of a time trying to find it and the application guys at Hardinge pretty much just blew me off. I would greatly appreciate any input on this. The mill is a 2000 Hardinge VMC 1000II with the Fanuc OMD

I’m having a problem where my mill will slow down to about 30% of the programmed feed rate on any type of arc 2 axis or 3 axis movement. This really kills the cycle time and it’s not like I’m feeding fast so I don’t think it would be an acceleration or deceleration issue. Ex. I can program for 1 IPM and it will do .3 on an arc. I hope it’s just a parameter change but I’m having a heck of a time trying to find it and the application guys at Hardinge pretty much just blew me off. I would greatly appreciate any input on this. The mill is a 2000 Hardinge VMC 1000II with the Fanuc OMD

@dslickerii sorry you are having trouble with this... Has the mill always been like this ?

Did you buy it second hand etc.

Sorry Hardinge are not "there" for you seemingly.

Given that you have a Fanuc OMD control you could re- post this in the general CNC section and get a lot more eyeballs on the problem.

There's a few "Peeps" on there from all corners of the planet that are very expert on all things Fanuc + whatever may be going on with any 3 axis mill of that vintage.

Cheers + good luck !

@dslickerii sorry you are having trouble with this... Has the mill always been like this ?

Did you buy it second hand etc.

Sorry Hardinge are not "there" for you seemingly.

Given that you have a Fanuc OMD control you could re- post this in the general CNC section and get a lot more eyeballs on the problem.

There's a few "Peeps" on there from all corners of the planet that are very expert on all things Fanuc + whatever may be going on with any 3 axis mill of that vintage.

Cheers + good luck !

Will do.
Thank you very much.

Back