What's new
What's new

Help Identifying a Bridgeport Clone Mill

Mark999

Aluminum
Hello All,

I've added a mill to my collection and knowing it's a clone of a Bridgeport, I have no idea of the manufacturer. The table is a 10x54 with a 3hp motor and variable speed. Once I had it home, I was sure something would indicate whether it was a Sharp, Acra, or Jet, but alas nothing as yet. The model number is 1054KV and my internet searches haven't turned up anything so I'm going to post some pictures and ask PM for clues. Thanks for your help.

Dscf7003.jpgDscf7004.jpgDscf7007.jpgDSCF7006.jpgDscf7008.jpg

No idea as to name and, in the end, it probably doesn't matter. The machine is made in Taiwan and that tells
you that there's a good chance it's going to be pretty good quality. A lot of different mills come out of Taiwan
and there's a lot of interchangeability between them...

I know that Millport used "KV" in their model # designations and usually had a side door for storage. Likely other makes used same terminology though as they probably came out of the same facilities.

We have one in our shop that has a Prototrak retrofit on it. No name other than a similar builder plate, but just like yours otherwise. Ours was imported by Enco, but I don't know if there were other name brands associated with it as well.

Thank you all very much. Makes sense now because the shop I took this out of had a Clausing Arboga drill press so the Clausing name being associated with Kondia fits. This will help me in the future when I'm looking for parts if it needs any after my disassembly and cleaning/inspection. Strange that all the badges were removed; I can the discoloration above the speed indicator where one was.

Thanks again,
Mark

Back