What's new
What's new

Hlvh leveling feet thread size?

sam_stlouis

Cast Iron
I'm going to order some stuff and am going to get some leveling feet for the cabinet with a longer bolt, so it can sit an inch or so higher off the ground. Just to make it easier to get my pallet jack under it. Hardinge parts list does not mention bolt/thread size. And I won't be to my workspace for a couple days to lift it up and pull one off.

Anyone by chance know what bolt/thread size they use? Late 60's early 70's hlvh.

It's 5/8-11 on mine. It's a Feeler - a copy of a Hardinge. It should be the same, but double check that just in case. I measured the inner diameter with a telescopic gauge and then used data from a machinist's handbook to figure out what thread is that.

Here is a mount that I bought - it works just fine: McMaster-Carr .
Side note: I think the lathe is too tall now ( I'm 6'7" ). I wish I left it sitting on the floor without any mounts. Maybe put some shims underneath.

It was warm enough for me to run to my workspace, you were correct frigzy it wasx 5/8-11, however a couple of the bushings they thread into were broke off, and someone welded the feet in, oh well. I might make a base for it, but will probably just leave as is, thanks though

Back