What's new
What's new

How to connect servo's to simoreg for Hardinge HXL.

repot

Plastic
I purchased a Hardinge HXL years ago. I replaced the simoreg and servo's with new drivers and steppers because the control could not handle the interface to the simoreg. I kept the simoreg and the servo's and now I like to re-use them for a small project. I got the documentation for the simoreg but I can not find any documentation for the servo's. The servo's are branded General Numeric HU5040-0AC02-Z and have 5 wires. One of the them is earth (yellow/green). The others are: 2 black, one blue and one brown. The wires are also very hard and brittle. I like to replace them but they are probably hard connected in the servo. Maybe some one has a wiring diagram with color indication how to connect the servo's to the simoreg or has experience with replacing the wires for the servo's. Thankx for your support.

Regards Rene.

I have reprinted HXL and CHNC maintenance manuals. Just checked both and they have wire color and numbers for switches and other electrical parts, but I saw nothing on the servos or the simoreg.
Any other name they could have called them?

I also have a manual for the simoreg. It states L1 and L2 for the servos. But it contains no colors for the servo. I don't know about other names....

There is one other site where you might get some help. the cnc zone dot com they seem to have a lot of builds going on there. Do watch for CHNC info as both machines were related and shared at least some parts.

I took the servo apart for cleaning. The wires can easily be replaced. The servo has 4 brushes. 2 brushes are connected to a black wire. These brushes are on opposite sites. The other 2 are connected to the brown and blue wire and are also opposite sites. Most likely I have to combine some wires. Any suggestions?

I do not even have a clue. If I could find the right page in the manual I could photo copy it. Right now I do not think the info you need is in either manual. Try the CNC section (top) in Practical Machinist section or the Zone. Mostly manual machinists watch this Hardinge/Bridgeport section.

Back