What's new
What's new

HVL-H Vertical speed screw stuck

TGS

Plastic
I recently got my hvl-h running but having an issue with the speed screw that moves the pully up and down to increase/decrease the speed of the spindle. When I originally wired the machine the spindle ran backwards and I turned the speed switch to “faster” (like an idiot). I realized the my L1 & L2 wires needed to be switched and did that. Now the screw is locked and I cannot move/turn it by hand. Looking for any suggestions in getting the screw to turn. The machine is locked in the slowest position right now.

Thanks

There's a good reason for the warnings about changing speed with the phase reversed. 8-)

First, make sure the spindle is running in the correct direction.

One way is to remove the jack motor end cap ( a right pita) and turn the motor by hand until the thing frees up.

You might be able to just get a pair of grips onto the jack screw (with protection against the jaws) then work it free while pulsing the motor button (up in your case)

I’ll give that a shot. Would that mean the screw should go counter clockwise or clockwise?

Nearly the same thing happened to me when I first fired up my new to me HLV-H. In my case it was old grease that kept the worm from turning. A little gentle heat and some back and forth as Bill said and it finally came loose. Mine was also stuck in the slow position. Hope this helps. Alan

Back