What's new
What's new

I would like to find a Multi position quill stop, does anyone here know who made them

Looked at both links and can not tell how it works. I wonder if they think they give too much detail, stinking machinists will build their own instead of buying theirs? Could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but I cannot tell for sure. No need for one myself, just curious how it would work.

Looked at both links and can not tell how it works. I wonder if they think they give too much detail, stinking machinists will build their own instead of buying theirs? Could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but I cannot tell for sure. No need for one myself, just curious how it would work.

From the link to the manufacturer's website......

3 adjustable pre-set position hard stops that precisely control vertical travel are provided. Additional stops may be purchased separately up to 5 positions.

Saves time and money in production.

Multi-hard stop allows for multi-operations without removing work piece. (Center drill – drill – mill etc.)

Excellent for “quick-change” set-up systems.

Factory auto – stop is not interfered with or modified and functions as normal.

Slide in to engage stop – pull back to clear- allowing multi-stop locations with ease.

MULTI-HARD STOP IS NOT TO BE USED AS AN AUTOMATIC FEED STOP

Kevin

KBC tools don't answer the phone and their website says they are out of stock, I spoke with Steve at Sierra American, he was home with his grandkids trying to figure out how to get me one, I suggested he get back to me by email when he has time as I don't have my quick change tools yet anyhow. He says he will have a solution for me in the morning, sounds like a good guy.

Thanks for the tip!

KBC tools don't answer the phone and their website says they are out of stock, I spoke with Steve at Sierra American, he was home with his grandkids trying to figure out how to get me one, I suggested he get back to me by email when he has time as I don't have my quick change tools yet anyhow. He says he will have a solution for me in the morning, sounds like a good guy.

Thanks for the tip!

No problem!

I'm surprised KBC didn't answer?
BTW, I had one of these years ago, decided not to use it, installed the Z-scale instead, It was well made and looked like it would be easy to setup and use!

Good luck!

Kevin

Seems a good idea for a regular production job, perhaps a quill-mounted turret collar with multiple screws to set for a tool depth... and perhaps a tail back-up stop to move the tail to a position...? have to think about where I might use it.

I don't see one on youtube

I have mine ordered, here is a link to 25% off making it $123.00 with free shipping

SMS 3 Multi-Stop – sierraamerican

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for reaching out. The link below is where you can purchase the multi stop. You can use the code SMS25 for a 25% discount on the SMS-3 product. I believe this link should activate the code for you. If not, Enter that code at checkout.

Kari

SMS 3 Multi-Stop

If you look at the photo, you set the stops on the left as needed and the piece on the right (on the quill rod) retracts as needed to bypass a particular stop.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your order. I noticed the top link goes the Sierra American website. Anyone can use this link to purchase the part at the discounted rate. Use code SMS25 at checkout. SMS 3 Multi-Stop

Back