What's new
What's new

Kurt D675 v Kurt D688

evanthayer

Aluminum
Hi All,

I recently acquired a Bridgeport 2J that included a Kurt brand vise. It is labelled as a D675. I sent the serial number to Kurt to inquire about age, etc. They replied back that my serial comes up as a D688. Can someone confirm their advice, and advise on what the difference is between the D675 and D688?

Thanks.

Evan

IMG_7604.jpg
IMG_7605.jpg

Hi All,

I recently acquired a Bridgeport 2J that included a Kurt brand vise. It is labelled as a D675. I sent the serial number to Kurt to inquire about age, etc. They replied back that my serial comes up as a D688. Can someone confirm their advice, and advise on what the difference is between the D675 and D688?

Thanks.

Evan

View attachment 296379
View attachment 296380

If you measure the travel of the vise jaw and look at the document Kurt has on their website, I'm sure you can figure out which you have...

https://2fkp3u2iouqr3w74v5k31xy1-wp...ploads/2020/05/675_688_DX6_ASSYComparison.jpg

You can get a rebuild kit for any of them from Kurt if they need it.

If you measure the travel of the vise jaw and look at the document Kurt has on their website, I'm sure you can figure out which you have...

https://2fkp3u2iouqr3w74v5k31xy1-wp...ploads/2020/05/675_688_DX6_ASSYComparison.jpg

You can get a rebuild kit for any of them from Kurt if they need it.

I have a few Kurts here and one is marked D675 from the mid 90's. It opens to 7.75". I think the D688 opens about an inch more. Some yearly models only opened 6". I have one of those and it doesn't have the model #, only a serial#. I think it's from the 70's or early 80's. Some early model D675's had an internal thread attached to the jaw that would protrude out the back of the vise when closed. Not a good design when clearance is an issue.

Thanks guys - I threw my caliper on it and it is clearly a D675. I think I'll give Anne from Kurt some peace and move on...

I have a few Kurts here and one is marked D675 from the mid 90's. It opens to 7.75". I think the D688 opens about an inch more. Some yearly models only opened 6". I have one of those and it doesn't have the model #, only a serial#. I think it's from the 70's or early 80's. Some early model D675's had an internal thread attached to the jaw that would protrude out the back of the vise when closed. Not a good design when clearance is an issue.

Back