What's new
What's new

Lagun FTV-1 refurb update from 14 years ago. A little love before I retire.

i_r_machinist

Titanium
I bought a '76 FTV-1 14 years ago. Went through it and have been yery happy with it, but as I get ready for retirement, I'd like to bump it up a notch. Getting a belt and glacier sleeves from Lagun this morning. I had replaced all the bearings when I got it. Spent most of its previous life working about a 10" window on x travel, so I just tighten the gibbs for that window and loosen them a little if I travel more. Lagun wants $2800 for a new table, which is 2.5 times what I paid for it. Always thought I'd bump up to a BP, but someone has cornered the market here in Texas and bumped the prices up.
So..
I've youtubed it and found several vids on someone using a scraper to re-work the tables but found nothing on grinding the ways.
Anyone experienced with this?
Thanks
i_r_

I mean, ya... but its what we do for a living. What is your actual question, aside from having experience with is?

Even if you got a new table, you would have to get it scraped in to your saddle and ensure its square.

Lagun is VERY proud of their product and the prices reflect that.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Changed my search parameters on PM and got a whole lot of info about what it takes to refurb the table.The table refurb is just a thought. I've probably got 300 hours on the machine in the 14 years I've had it, so not a show stopper. Yes, Lagun is VERY proud. I emailed in for a variable speed drive belt price. Got email back that I MUST get the belt from them as they are specially made for that machine and if I get any other belt I would not have the full range of spindle speed. Searched my records and found I had ordered my spindle bearings from you guys. Emailed for a belt price yesterday and got a quote for less than half Lagun price on a 2322V373 belt. The one that was on the machine was a 2332v373 and I wasn't getting full spindle range.
By the way, ya'lls youtube videos are GREAT!
Have fun
i_r_machinist

Thanks!

We had the a quite large Lagun dealer in the area for years, so there are TONS of Laguns around and people have heart attacks when we give them pricing.

Jon

Back