What's new
What's new

Lagun FTV-2

nobrakese28

Cast Iron
Hello, looking for a good variable speed milling machine, currently have a 9x42 Bridgeport step pulley head. I am also looking for something a little heftier than my series 1. I did a lot of searching on this forum and it looks like my non-Asian options are Lagun and Wells-Index.

Wells-Index, look awesome, but not very common in my area. I only found one and it had issues in the head..Not looking for a project.

I found a nice looking 50" table Lagun FTV-2, 3hp variable speed head. From what I have understand they are good machines, and a bit heftier than the classic Bridgeport. This one is equipped with a DRO, 1 hit oiler, Servo 150 on the X, but no DRO...

I took at the ways and the half moon flaking is still visible on the base (knee) and saddle. The tables dovetails don't show any, is the mating saddle flaked?

I believe the machine has chrome ways, can anyone confirm?

Can anyone comment on the quality of the FTV-2? Iam hoping all of my Bridgeport accessories (Volostro head, grinding head, right angle head) will transfer over, as they are both R8 spindles.

Does $4400 seem fair?

Thanks,

Marco

It is near impossible to say if a machine is worth the cost without seeing it. $4k for a solid Lagun is a fair price.

Just know that Lagun is VERY proud of their parts, and you will have to put up your first and second born for just screws and nuts. If you have to do any repairs, it can get quite costly.

Jon

It is near impossible to say if a machine is worth the cost without seeing it. $4k for a solid Lagun is a fair price.

Just know that Lagun is VERY proud of their parts, and you will have to put up your first and second born for just screws and nuts. If you have to do any repairs, it can get quite costly.

Jon

I have an FTV-1, owned it for over 10 years and its been a very solid machine. But I will second what Jon said, their parts are expensive. The good news is I haven't needed any repair parts for a long time.

Mike

Table ways on mine are hardened and ground no flaking, same on cross slide. Mine was purchased new and still has very little wear.

Back