What's new
What's new

Locking bolt for DV-59 dovetail Model L turret

Lock 45

Plastic
Looking for a Model L turret locking bolt. The rear "V" base of the turret holds a 5/16" drive Allen type screw that is 5/8" diameter. Screwed into the nose of this Allen screw is a special shaped 5/16" X 24 bolt. The head of this bolt has an angular face with a protrusion on the face that locks into groves cut into the rear of the V bed of my DV-59. This is how the turret is locked into place.

It is that angle head bolt, which threads into the Allen head bolt, that locks the turret in place that I need. New or used. If none available from PM members then any chance on a part number?

Thanks,

Dan Miller

I have had all those items for 45 years of my Tool and Die career. Maybe you have time to blow away making a cheap part but at $120 per hour shop time I do not. I am busy making and shipping a line of my own products that pay me quite well. Not making little bits and pieces that are available at reasonable cost.

If you're still using a DV59 in production work, you need to make the spares yourself. Hardinge stopped supporting it quite a while ago, They don't have resources to keep spares on the shelf for 65 years...

Stradbash,

Thank you very much. I will call Hardinge and see what happens.

Dan Miller

If you are still looking for this part they are still available from Robert E Morris Co. I ordered one about a year ago from them. Price was completely ridiculous ($85) but I had to have it so I bought it. If you need the exact part # PM me and I'll see if I can dig it up.

I just ordered one of these "Locking Plug" part number "79 0009094" from MAchine Tool Supply out of Eagan, Mn for about $27 with shipping included. Hardinge used that part on several tailstocks (including DV-59 and HLV-H) as well as their steady rest. Hope this helps some others out. I also saw the part listed for around $58 plus shipping, so that is why I jumped on the chance to buy it for about $24 plus first class postage.

I just bought the last locking plug that Machine Tool Supply had as new old stock. They won't have any more at that price.

Thank you, Jim Caudill, for tipping me off where to get one at that price!

I went to install my new 79 0009094 "locking plug" and discovered it was too small.The one I need has a 3/8 thread diameter and has about a 7/16" square section. The one I purchased has a 5/16 thread diameter and about a 3/8 square section. It was too good to be true! The correct part number is 6 0009094 (yes, the space has to be there). Hardinge says they are in stock and cost $119! I'll see if Machine Tool Supply will offer some kind of discount in light of the fact I ordered the wrong one. If not, I'll ask about a return authorization (may not be available since this was a closeout). Don't be mad sfriedberg, I thought I found the right part, but I was mistaken (wrong).Hardinge Locking Plug.jpg

Jim, I will be in good shape either way. I wanted a plug for a shop-made accessory, and can deal with the thread diameter when making up the mating part.

I did order two from MTS, intending to refresh a worn-down factory part, but they called me and said they only had one. So that bullet was dodged without being aware of it. :)

Back