What's new
What's new

Looking for 2AB Collets Elgin / Hardinge

Patrick Lawlor

Plastic
Hi all,
I'm looking for 2AB collets for my Elgin vertical mill. I have a few and could trade or buy to help us both make a better set. I have extra 3/8" and a couple of Browne and Sharpe taper collets available. I'd really like a 9/16" and a 5/8".
Thanks,
Pat Lawlor

The only 2AB collet I have is a Hardinge 1/2". It is unused, but has small rust spots.

What use would you have for a 9/16"? That is not a common end mill shank size. I bought a set of R8 collets when I bought my mill and it was about thirty years before I actually found a 7/16" shank end mill (carbide, of course) and I still have never used it. The 5/8" is certainly a useful size.

https://www.shophardinge.com/productGrid.aspx?catID=1534

Larry

Larry, I suppose I really don't need the 9/16, its just one of the sizes i don't have. I was aware they are still available new, but those prices are downright scary! If you want to part with the 1/2" I'd be interested.
Pat

Larry, I suppose I really don't need the 9/16, its just one of the sizes i don't have. I was aware they are still available new, but those prices are downright scary! If you want to part with the 1/2" I'd be interested.
Pat

$50 including priority postage in the USA. I sent an email.

Larry

DSC02636.jpg DSC02635.jpg

Last edited:
Received the collet Larry. Thank you so much! Still in the market for more if anyone else has or finds any. Pat

Back