What's new
What's new

Need the board schematic for the earlier 6F power feed

woodworkerJB

Aluminum
I have an older style 6f power feed with a bad board. It is the version that had the controls on the table but the board was encased in a box mounted to the side of the mill. This board is not the same design as the newer 6f where the board was mounted on the table below the motor. I would like to try my hand at rebuilding this board. Does anyone have a copy of the board schematic for this version? The SECO part number is f6120 there is another number above the seco name D28651 j and an assembly number D28665

Well, I am not sure then because...

JR, I am not sure what the deal is then because I have an early 6f feed in the separate box I have a 6f with the board under the motor and I have an 8f and each of those boards are different. The one I want to rebuild of course is the earlier one that I can't find the schematics for. I will see if I can takes pictures of the to 6f boards.

Here again, this goes from memory, but AFAIK, when BP still offered replacements for the 6F boards, there was only one. 15 years ago, they were less than $200.
JR

There were many revisions/design changes to the Bridgeport 6F circuit board. But, they all had the same 12 pin connector socket. All 6F circuit boards are all interchangeable with any 6F power feed. You can even interchange 6F & 8F boards, if you wanted to do a little wiring.

Interesting, and yes I know this thread is 10 years old, but...

I sent my failed BP power feed to Galco for repair. The label inside the electric box containing the board said Seco D28595. When Galco got it they told me it was really an F6120. This added about $50. to the repair cost they quoted me for the longer number I thought I had. Anyone know what gives here? Maybe at some time someone replaced an older board with newer one with the shorter number but didn’t update the label?

Why not upgrade to the 8F board instead of someone "fixing" your board and having no way of testing the board before it leaves?

The back of the boards that I have (about 50 of them) all have F6120 as the "Part No." and the assembly as being 28595 or 28651 or 28665 depending on the letter variation.

Understandable as there are about twice as many components on the 28595 vs the 28665.

Jon

Back