What's new
What's new

Need Help!- Bridgeport 720 Interact with Y-axis drift when in programmatic cutting

num1bryanp

Plastic
Hello All,

I am having problems with my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720 with Heidenhain 351/355 controller.

After two years cleaning and rebuilding and creating a fusion 360 post, I think I have found why the machine was for sale in the first place.

When programmatic cutting the Y-axis is drifting at a constant rate, you can see on the screen Y changing, yet If I just manually make a cut it is square and Y does not change.

Here is a picture show the problem, the first arrow is showing the drift and the second is showing a manual cut that is square.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bryan

millcut2 (Large).jpg

720 Update

When I was making some more test cuts in the air yesterday and found out it is also drifting in the X direction when cutting in the Y only axis. It will cut a square but not parallel to the table.

Is there machine parameters that may be wrong or need to set to fix this problem?

Video's showing movement in the X direction only, Y only, and a 90 angle. I did my best to sync the include screen information.

In each case, the first file is a video and the second is .h control file. I included the .h file.

Move X

Dropbox - Move X.mov

Dropbox - 5004.h

Move Y

Dropbox - Move Y.mov

Dropbox - 5005.h

Move 90

Dropbox - Move 90.mov

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc3duikp4ofbofl/5006.h?dl=0

Any ideas on how I might fix this is greatly appreciated.

If you need more information about the machine or need me to do a test please just ask.

Thanks,

Bryan

720 Fixed ROT problem

Hello All,

So the real question was, what can supersede other commands.
Wait for it..... The Touch Probe

Press Touch Probe
Up arrowed to Rotation ent
It was set +2.0 degrees, pressed 0, ent
ROT disappeared... and this problem is put to bed.

Video of fix
Dropbox - ROT fix low res.mp4

Thanks for your help,
Bryan

Back