What's new
What's new

Need help with a Duplomatic Turret on a Hardinge Lathe with Oi-TB control.

tobydbaker74

Aluminum
This machine has been down for a week. It went to tool change and stopped and alarmed out. The operator did not pay attention to the alarm and powered off and on, After it homed out the X and Y and now will not reference the turret. I was talking to Hardinge for the last week and the last thing I was emailed was it probably rusted and got stuck. Then I emailed and said its not rusted and they referred me to Gosiger repair in Dayton. They have been extremely helpful in trying to help.

Today I took the cover off the turret and found one lose wire on the X4 cable from the Duplomatic controller. I reattached the yellow wire that was labeled number 10. Still will not reference the turret. Gosiger says they believe its lost its position and I need a cable to hook into the Duplomatic drive to see what is going on. I have a Duplomatic Program to communicate with the drive called DTI 2.6 lite but no cable. Does anyone know where I can get this cable or a way to manually reference it in the control. It is a Oi-TB control. or does anyone know any repair places that specializes in these. Gosiger services them but send out the turrets and drives which I cant afford to be down that long. The Duplomatic drive is a DDC-4 btw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Still waiting on Macoser the tech is supposed to be back in Monday. I did just get a friendly email from the CEO suggesting I should buy a spare turret yo keep on hand.

I have exhausted all avenues. For a wire coming loose on this Duplomatic turret and it loosing its position I now have to pull the turret off and Duplomatic driver off to send it to Charlotte NC for Macoser to reset it and return it in a month if I am lucky with the holidays. Other than sending it to them they cant or will not help me. My worries are what if another wire happens to break in 6 months? another major expense.

This machine has been down for a week. It went to tool change and stopped and alarmed out. The operator did not pay attention to the alarm and powered off and on, After it homed out the X and Y and now will not reference the turret. I was talking to Hardinge for the last week and the last thing I was emailed was it probably rusted and got stuck. Then I emailed and said its not rusted and they referred me to Gosiger repair in Dayton. They have been extremely helpful in trying to help.

Today I took the cover off the turret and found one lose wire on the X4 cable from the Duplomatic controller. I reattached the yellow wire that was labeled number 10. Still will not reference the turret. Gosiger says they believe its lost its position and I need a cable to hook into the Duplomatic drive to see what is going on. I have a Duplomatic Program to communicate with the drive called DTI 2.6 lite but no cable. Does anyone know where I can get this cable or a way to manually reference it in the control. It is a Oi-TB control. or does anyone know any repair places that specializes in these. Gosiger services them but send out the turrets and drives which I cant afford to be down that long. The Duplomatic drive is a DDC-4 btw.

I foundwhat appears to be a useful doc here: https://parmex.com.mx/show_catalogue_pdf/268446/1

Good descriptions of the operating cycles, error codes, etc.

Also of note are:

11 ZEROSW X4-10 <- Sounds like your broken wire is to the home position switch in the turret.

and

RS232-RXD X2-2 <- Your RS232 connections to PC and diag software
RS232-TXD X2-3
RS232-DTR X2-4
RS232-GND X2-5
RS232-RTS X2-7

Page 31 has the connection diagrams for controller to PC for service.

It looks like that doc should have everything needed to troubleshoot the issue.

You are exactly correct on the broken wire. I have the DDC4 manual you suggested. My issue is I must connect the Duplomatic turret interface program with the drive. It needs the baud rate set at 19200 and on the program it is stuck on 115200 and no way to change it. I have my com 1 set to 19200 but the program still says 115200. You can change the com ports in the program but not the baud rate or any other settings. I am sure there is some way to trick the drive to make it think it has 0 again but not sure how. I have tried unlocking the turret and manually moving it to another tool when it tries to reference but nothing has worked yet. I have never been so frustrated fixing a machine.

You are exactly correct on the broken wire. I have the DDC4 manual you suggested. My issue is I must connect the Duplomatic turret interface program with the drive. It needs the baud rate set at 19200 and on the program it is stuck on 115200 and no way to change it. I have my com 1 set to 19200 but the program still says 115200. You can change the com ports in the program but not the baud rate or any other settings. I am sure there is some way to trick the drive to make it think it has 0 again but not sure how. I have tried unlocking the turret and manually moving it to another tool when it tries to reference but nothing has worked yet. I have never been so frustrated fixing a machine.

I saw some notes in the doc about fusing on some data circuits, like 250ma pico-fuses. Depending on how the wire came loose, perhaps it shorted and popped a fuse in the control so it may not be getting the home signal until a fuse is replaced.

Hi,
I am facing same problem and i need the software

Back