What's new
What's new

Need help with ProtoTrak on my Bridgeport

ShawnAgne

Plastic
Just got a Bridgeport that has the original ProtoTrak on it (uses tape drive). Downloaded the manual and trying it out. I'm trying to figure out how to mill a box as I have to do several of these as inserts on a woodworking project. Been playing around trying to figure it out and can't so wondering if someone could help. If I had an example of how to do consecutive mill cuts it would be easier but the manual isn't clear on how to do that, or at least I can't figure it out. The small box dimension is 1.75" x 1.25", using a .25" cutter and the cut begins at 0,0, and wanting the cutter on the inside so that is option 2.

Any help or pointing me in the proper area is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

In the absence of anyone with more specific knowledge...

The Prototrack version I have is 'Edge' (a 2D version of A.G.E.3)
In conversational mode , it has a "continue" option on each event which if set as 1 , will provide the "from" location for the next mill operation.

Edge and AGE3 have a pocket option , that just requires diagonal coordinates and cutting direction (I would expect all versions to have this so it might be worth scanning the manual for pockets and frames )

The "Tool offset" - which side of the line the tool will cut - Always causes me confusion , but essentially you have to image yourself as the cutter , facing the direction of the tool motion then the offset is to the side where you want the cutter (for a typical out side radius , conventional milling in a counter-clockwise direction this would be offset = "right" )

Bill

Back