What's new
What's new

Need help with V2XT Boss 15 v4.30 with PM Drive Fault Error (0,x,y,z)

pamsauto

Plastic
I have inherited a machine from a family member and am trying to get it installed and running. The unit was under power when I got it and was running fine.

It was wired to 208v 3ph and I need to run it on 230v 1ph. I have a 10hp rotary convertor that I am using for it. Prior to powering up I changed the terminals on T1 for 230v. Machine powered up fine and I could engage drives and home axis's.

That worked a few times and then I got a PM Drive Fault Error (0,x,y,z). I then realized I missed T2 and it was still at 208v so I wired it for 230v.

That didn't fix anything, so my questions are.

1. What does the error mean?
2. Is there anywhere to get a service/maintaince manual?
3. The machine has a incorrect PC motherboard installed. It only has one serial port so the SysTerm Diag doesn't work. I have tried adding a PCI serial card but it doesn't work. What com port, baud, parity and IRQ is the software expecting for the second connection, or can that be set in a config file?

Thanks for any help!

I have inherited a machine from a family member and am trying to get it installed and running. The unit was under power when I got it and was running fine.

It was wired to 208v 3ph and I need to run it on 230v 1ph. I have a 10hp rotary convertor that I am using for it. Prior to powering up I changed the terminals on T1 for 230v. Machine powered up fine and I could engage drives and home axis's.

That worked a few times and then I got a PM Drive Fault Error (0,x,y,z). I then realized I missed T2 and it was still at 208v so I wired it for 230v.

That didn't fix anything, so my questions are.

1. What does the error mean?
2. Is there anywhere to get a service/maintaince manual?
3. The machine has a incorrect PC motherboard installed. It only has one serial port so the SysTerm Diag doesn't work. I have tried adding a PCI serial card but it doesn't work. What com port, baud, parity and IRQ is the software expecting for the second connection, or can that be set in a config file?

Thanks for any help!

You need to call E M I 610 287 4240 Parts and service for BP cnc machines. I scrapped the Boss control on my V2xT and replaced it with a Centroid.

Back