What's new
What's new

New DX32 User questions

dbren

Plastic
Hello All,
I'm retiring! Just sold my Haas VF2, etc. However; I still have one product that I drill for a customer, so I purchased a V2XT DX32. Lots to learn, but I have my basic program working.

I have tried programming spindle speed, but it doesn't change anything, have to start the spindle manually. I can't find an Auto-S setting anywhere, so I'm wondering if my machine is Boss 8 version. Anyone know how to identify which version it is? Can the version be upgraded?

I think I have all the manuals. I don't recall seeing how to do a full backup, can anyone tell me how to do that? This machine has the solid state drive; I believe running on a 512M PCMCIA card.
Thanks,
Don

attachment.php

First time posting image, we'll see if this works.

I tried using T1M6 to initialize T1 height offset, but the program stops immediately and shuts off the spindle. Anyone know if just a T1 might work and how to state it?

Thanks Jon. Are you saying that the V2XT and Boss are two different machine versions? I know nothing about the different models or controls they have used.

Unfortunately, the manuals pretty much don't give examples, so it seems to be left for guesswork. But since you said you work on them... I've put in speed numbers in the program but all I'm getting is air blowing out of a hole in the valve body in the rear and no speed change. I'm assuming I need to pull the valve body to see if the solenoid slide is hanging up. Do you happen to know what the signal voltage is on the solenoids? I have some new 12V units around and could just bypass through a new one.

Thanks,
Don

The operations and programming manual would have all of that. On the V2XT, the speed is changed (I am pretty sure, I have never had to repair the speed change part of a machine) via pneumatic controls. So if you are getting air blowing out of something, it seems like you have found the issue.

Jon

On the top right side of the head where is says "Bridgeport is the pneumatic motor that changes the spindle speed. Pull the air lined off and use air tool oil to lube the motor. It should work.

Back