What's new
What's new

New to me Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 Question on hard drive

swatkins

Titanium
Sold my Boss 5 to another PM member and moved on to a Torq Cut 22 mainly because I need a full enclosure and tool changer.

Moved a working 1996 machine from a shop that had it since 2001 so I have a good history on the machine and it's repairs. Right now everything is working with the exception of the A axis drive card, which I think may be down because of capacitors.

This machine has had a motherboard replacement, they can't remember the exact reason but it may have been for a memory upgrade.

The old board was a standard motherboard that might have been installed in a regular desktop back in the day. The new motherboard has a back plane board with the all on one board inserted.

The battery was dead on the motherboard and has been for a long time. The computer boots up and then you have to load the defaults to continue. It works that way and they have used that procedure for a long time.

The Battery is just a standard 2032 button battery and has a holder like a regular motherboard so that is an easy fix.

I looked around for the hard drive and could not find a standard IDEA or Dom drive... Last night I pulled the motherboard and found it had a 512 mb flash drive card holder right on the motherboard! Never seen that before .

I really want to back up that flash drive and I'm asking for help doing so..

It is as simple as buying a USB flash card reader and a new flash card, using another computer to copy everything to the new card and plugging it in?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here is a picture of the board..

20170804_014701_resized.jpg

The Bios is reporting that I have 126 megs of memory and 512 of hard disk... Much more than I expected from this old of a machine :)

And it looks like four of the caps on the left side of the board need replacing soon.

I'm glad you know what you're doing with that machine Steve. It's got a good home.

Were you able to get the spindle VFD running on single phase yet?

My guy has been tearing down the inside of the machine and giving it a good cleaning, all the covers are getting sand blasted then paint, so I have not had time to try the spindle yet...

Are you going to try to come over tomorrow?

Were you able to get the spindle VFD running on single phase yet?

Just figured out how to start up the spindle and ran it up to 4000 rpms. I was limited by the speed I set and will have to learn how to properly set the speed to see how far up it will go..

Sounded good even with all the shields off :)

So yes I do have it running happily on single phase power. I was amazed that to switch it over to single phase, from three phase, all it took was moving one wire!

Spent the last few days trouble shooting and cleaning the machine..

All the panel covers are off the interior workings and heading to the bead blast cabinet this afternoon ... Need to find a good coolant resistant paint for those...

Been sorting out two problems. . First one was a new one with the Z axis going the wrong way when homing. Found that the limit switch has a replaceable interior working that was stuck closed even though the plunger works fine... Homing normal on all three axis that are hooked up now... 4 axis test soon....

Spent about an hour tracking down why the transmission would not shift into low... Ended up taking all the air lines off the rotary vane and pin actuators and blowing some type of liquid out of the lines... Working well now and sounds pretty good up to 7500.....

Progress!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I have been able to work on this project, floods in Houston ect...

A few days ago I was able to make everything work and so far the machine is running well and sounding great!

Does anyone have the manuals for a torq-cut 22 1996 having problems triping the cb-11 breaker need to trace it back to find a solution!!!! Help

The Cb-11 breaker is shown on 4. Power Distribution

It looks to be a circuit breaker going to the light only. It comes from the transformer Pin 15 via wire #8 to CB-11 and then wire 223 to the lamp. Other side of the lamp is wire #7 and goes to pin 16 on the transformer.

Attachments

• 20180720_232454.jpg
    20180720_232454.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 153

Back