What's new
What's new

No manuals for HLVH with Sony LH10

jake_1213

Plastic
Hi guys,
Need some help again. I just bought a nice 1977 HLVH with a Sony magnescale LH10 thats been sitting since 1988. I don't have it yet it will ship Monday. I've never run a Hardinge HLVH and the owner has no manuals of any kind. Operator,service or parts. I found these OZ Woodworker manuals on flea-bay does anyone out there recomend them. The guy powered it to make sure the machine worked and cut well and he came to realize the DRO doesn't read with the dials. You move the carrage
.100 Dro reads .200 move the compound .100 the DRO reads .0485 and again he has no manual for it. Hope it just needs some TLC. I can't seem to find any manuals for the DRO yet. Anyone have anything to say...Jake

First the DRO, the cables have been swapped where they plug into the display. The crossfeed is setup to read double the amount moved. After all, if you move the crossffed to take a .010" cut you will reduce the diameter of the part by .020". The carriage feed is a 1:1 relationship. The carriage feed dial will reflect the actual movement of the carriage. The crossfeed dial will show double the actual amount of movement. Send me an email to Ferrofab then isnert the "@" symbol followed by sbcglobal then a period, and end with net. I know, complicated way to try and prevent email harvesters from automatically getting an email address. If you send me an email, I might be able to help you out regarding operating instructions.

Thanks Jim I will be contacting you.
Anyone ever seen these OZ woodworking manuals. They are advertized as being reprints of the OEM manuals. Are they worth the $$$$.........Jake

I looked all through those links and found only the manual for the lathe, nothing for the DRO. Was it removed or am I missing it?

I just got a creampuff of a Clausing (Colchester) lathe for a really good price. The machine is in excellent shape, no slop, and DRO is in pristine condition. However, the DRO is a Sony Magnescale LH-12 and I have never used it. Does anyone have a digital copy of the manual for this DRO?

Bigmark
Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of the manual for the LH10...Jake

Jake-

I'm also looking for a copy of the LH10 manual and I sent you an email to your Comcast email address above.
I just wanted to post here as well in case you do not have that email address anymore...

Quite surprising this thread from 2008 keeps coming up. If you send me your email address I'll send you the LH 10 manual.......Kiwi

Sony LH10 manual

Quite surprising this thread from 2008 keeps coming up. If you send me your email address I'll send you the LH 10 manual.......Kiwi

Hi Kiwi,
Can you please send me the PDF of the LH10 manual?
Thanks,
Chuck
chuck4850 at outlook dot com

Sony LH10 Manual

Hello,
If you let me know your email address I will email you a pdf of the Sony LH10 manual...Cheers Ian

Hi sorry I know this is old thread but could I trouble you for a copy of the manual I can't find it anyplace if you can I would be very greatful if not I compleatly understand. Thankyou in advance, Unionwolf Email [email protected] thanx again.

Back