What's new
What's new

Operating instructions for Bridgeport DRO

hawaiidabes

Cast Iron
About 4 months ago I bought a (new old stock) original Bridgeport Digital Readout from ebay. It came in its original box, but without any operating instructions. I checked with many websites that had free downloads of Bridgeport milling machine manuals, but none had anything to do with the Bridgeport DRO. Does anyone have a copy of the DRO operating instructions? I would be glad to pay for it. I bought (ebay) a copy of the installation instructions for a Series II mill, hoping it might contain operating instructions, too. No luck.

Aloha,
steve

Hi Steve,

That should be a Heidenhain DRO. I believe that's the only brand that BP used as a standard offering.

There's a British BP op manual which has basic instructions for the Heidenhain DRO on the Metal Illness site, direct link: http://www.bbssystem.com/manuals/bridgeport-manual.pdf
It's about 8.5 MB.

I believe that's the correct book. The title page is actually at the end rather than at the beginning. The DRO stuff should be in section 2.8.

If that's not the right manual, look at the other offerings on the Metal Illness BP page http://bbssystem.com/viewtopic.php?t=62

The correct manual is 8,448k bytes long according to my directory listing, but the definitions of K and M can be somewhat variable.

- Leigh

About 4 months ago I bought a (new old stock) original Bridgeport Digital Readout from ebay. It came in its original box, but without any operating instructions.

Leigh had a better answer than I. Here is all that I have on the subject.
Like he said, this is from an English manual......pg

Bridgeport1of4.jpg

Bridgeport2of4.jpg

Bridgeport3of4.jpg

Bridgeport4of4.jpg

Bridgeport DRO Manual

Thank you Leigh and Piniongear for your response. I did look at those websites before and did not find anything except for the Heidenhain DRO. The dro that I have is made by Bridgeport Textron and, in fact, cast into the aluminum housing of the dro display housing is the word "Bridgeport". On the display is a sticker with Model "DRO Display", Assembly #1810122, Serial #1623. There is a sticker on the scales which reads Bridgeport Textron Model "DRO Meas. System", Assembly 025178, Ser. 12-2456. Still looking......

steve

The dro that I have is made by Bridgeport Textron and, in fact, cast into the aluminum housing of the dro display housing is the word "Bridgeport". Still looking......
steve

Good luck with your search. I have never seen such a manual myself, or the DRO you speak of either.
Let's see, Textron owned BPT all during the 1970's and into the early 80's I would guess, but not sure. My 1969 was pre-Textron......pg

My knowledge about such a DRO has not improved since 2008 when this post was first made.
Have not heard of that DRO before or since. Sorry.
pg

Back