What's new
What's new

Does Hardinge still have any "To Lubricate Carriage....." nameplates left for HLV-H ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Does Hardinge still have any "To Lubricate Carriage....." nameplates left for HLV-H ?

I used to buy all sorts of HLV-H plates from them, but been so many years ago I figure they may have "run out" of most of them by now. This is the plate most subject to damage as it's on top of the carriage. Actually, I don't half need it as it looks pretty good...it's just that the rest of the plates are pristine as new and would be nice to have this one as new too.

Ok Jersey John, I know you bought all they had in stock. :D

Fifteen years ago the parts department told me that those plates were unavailable. :confused:

I used to buy all sorts of HLV-H plates from them, but been so many years ago I figure they may have "run out" of most of them by now.
You can make your own. I have some friends who restore antique cars / motorcycles who do this, it's not that big a deal. In fact, we've done this (with the customer's approval) to cheat Customs. It's China Customs so turnabout is fair play :D

You can make your own. I have some friends who restore antique cars / motorcycles who do this, it's not that big a deal. In fact, we've done this (with the customer's approval) to cheat Customs. It's China Customs so turnabout is fair play :D
Yeah I know.... I've had the local trophy shop reproduce some plates and even decals over the years.

But as it turns out, to my amazement, I already had a new one in inventory from decades ago I found late yesterday ! It's a little different in that the font is smaller but the plate has the same text and exactly the same size with the same drive screw hole locations.

Why it never got used back when I bought it will remain a mystery for the ages...although I do vaguely recall ordering "an extra one just in case" on occasion, back in the 80's and early 90's when the prices on them were so reasonable. Regardless....nevermind...:o :dopeslap:

What do you know about those plates?

Well ... I know where a lot of plates are, not neccessarily the one Milacron was looking for but it was only a question away from an answer.

The HLV-H I bought last year was Hardinge UK built export metric model sold to Germany with all German data plates ... I replaced them all within weeks of having the machine :D

John :typing:

Well ... I know where a lot of plates are, not neccessarily the one Milacron was looking for but it was only a question away from an answer.
4 years later.... I need all new plates for a Hardinge HLV-EM.... sources anyone ?

Back