What's new
What's new

Passed up Bridgeport 2J-Right move?

medavido

Plastic
I have been putting together my home shop and have some pretty decent stuff, but I need a mill to make it complete. I drove 6 hours round trip today but came home with an empty trailer.

The price was $2000 for a Series I. The table drive was broken, but it came with a Kurt vice. It has just been relisted on San Antonio Craiglist for $2500 without the vice if anyone is interested.

As soon as it was turned on I immediately was aware of a clacking noise at the top of the head. I was also told the switch had a problem, but what I heard was the motor humming, then the switch was cycled a couple of times and then the motor would run, but again clacking at top of head. My thinking was the motor was in a bind and would not turn. It is a two horse motor, so I think it must have been a significant obstacle to make the motor just sit there and hum. Or, maybe the motor was going bad?

About 0.030 backlash front to back and almost a full half turn of the left to right table crank before it would engage. It was in a shadow and I could not read the hash marks on the dial, still it seemed worse than the front to back.

Then with the table all the way back I could see the outside 1.25" of the ways were scored with lines completely removing any evidence of frost marks.

I just had too many questions and had to pass. I am wondering what it would have cost to get it going. One more important item, it had a DRO panel.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 74

Back