please help set up my Bridgeport (dilapidated dro, powerless powerfeed etc.
Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default please help set up my Bridgeport (dilapidated dro, powerless powerfeed etc.

so I'll keep it short very eager newbie. if anything I say is inaccurate please excuse me and correct me. I finally was able to align the Stars to be able to have a Bridgeport meal and a clausing Colchester 13in lathe in my garage. I'm really trying to get them running I'm making this post about the mill here are the specs.. 1.5 hp 3 ph series 1 w/ 2J head . I plugged in at a location with three phase service when it would turn on the spindle would rotate seemingly without distress however it would quickly shut off I believe this was the heaters? no breaker was tripped in panel on building. anyway I don't even know if that's relevant now I'm trying to set it up in my garage now where I have split phase I'm leaning towards a vfd I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on brand names even model numbers for this size motor and unit I would love to be able to keep it as stock as possible concerning the drum switch to start it . it is a variable speed already I don't know if it's worth keeping it on that or switching to a vfd controlled speed here are some photos of her with the name plate on the motor for a reference. also it has a mid tutorial 300 mm scale on it however it has no Dro screen I was wondering if I could possibly still use it it has an intact cable with a circular six-prong plug I don't see a model number.. it also has a power feed whose plug has totally disintegrated through rot I'm wondering if I could rewire it somehow if it would still work or if it's trash thank you very much for any input please excuse me if I went too long

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would get or make a RPC since you will need to power more equipment soon. The machines will start to multiply now that you have 2.... Is lathe also 3 phase?

3. Likes JohnEvans liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer2525 View Post
    so I'll keep it short very eager newbie. if anything I say is inaccurate please excuse me and correct me. I finally was able to align the Stars to be able to have a Bridgeport meal and a clausing Colchester 13in lathe in my garage.
    Wouldn't a hobbyist place be more helpful ? I can't imagine too many guys who have been running Makino nc's for thirty years getting all excited about wiring a bridgeport ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi,
    Jeez....REALLY???

To the OP, go here, lots of good People, VERY willing to help you out!

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...rters-and-vfd/

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or you could be reborn......

Just ask one or two questions at a time while working out the other questions by yourself. There is plenty of internet info that you can read.

The housewives get ideas for decorating from those magazines at the check-out aisle. I get ideas from books and pictures, etc.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes it is 1.5 also

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida