Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Problem with a Bridgeport Series II Interact 4 Heidenhain TNC 155

Hi,
    I got to work this morning and came across the CNC making a error, The display was Orange without mensages of error.
    What could it be? any suggestion?

img_4925.jpgimg_4926.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is it actually "doing" anything with the normal startup functions, or is the actual machine dead too, not just the display visibility. I assume you tried adjusting brightness and contrast to see if anything was visible on the display. I had CRT issues with "BExxx" crt display in the TNC2500, almost completely washed out like that, with a gradient in brightness across the screen, but you could still barely read the characters. I ended up replacing all the electrolytic caps in the display board (could be other components in the crt display board also, such as the transformers). There are LCD retrofits available, and it's been discussed here and on the other forum on the method to retrofit. There used to be people selling CRT modules on ebay also.

Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem is on litle fuse on display controller, i change and it turns on and i work with the machine yesterday, and The problem came back today, when I change the fuse it blows when I turn on the machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is the "fuse on display controller". My "guess" is that it is probably something in the display/CRT module. Cheers.