What's new
What's new

ProtoTrak MX2 Floppy cable routing

RandallJ

Plastic
I am putting an MX2 back together and need to know routing for the floppy cable.. There are 2 possibles, the main board has a floppy connector as does one of the riser cards.. (blue connector)..

I just need to know if the data cable goes to the main board or the riser card.. Thanks..

Red arrow is on main board, the green arrow is pointing to the back of the riser card..(blue connector not seen here)

Untitled-1.jpg

Well if anyone has a photo of the MB with connectors in place it would be most helpful..

I thought perhaps a bad power supply but it checks out fine on the voltages. Pendant is giving 3 short beeps on start up and then can not read floppy..
I swapped out the floppy with a known good one and still no joy... Would like to verify that the MB is installed with correct cabling before I go too much futher..

Bugger! my brother has an age3 machine, i just arrived home from visiting.

I fitted his machine with mobo ,a vga card and an 8inch lcd to replace a dead crt and serial port (lightening strike). pretty sure I used the mobo fdd port for the usb/floppy drive device (since there's no reason not to).

are the floppies seeking on power up? Are they (A and B ) enabled in the bios?

Bill

Back