What's new
What's new

R2G4—new to me—-

TravisMartin

Aluminum
I’m a hobbyist, but I’ve been away from it for a good while. Recently I bought a Bridgeport R2G4, which has a Fanuc 11M control. From what I’ve been able to read, they only made about 10 of these and I can’t find a lot of information. Mine, by the way, is serial number 2. All the others I’ve found described are Series I machines, but mine is a Series II with box ways.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get any manuals at all with it, so if anyone could help on that front I’d be most grateful and more than willing to pay for any manuals, schematics, etc or even copies of them. I have nothing!

I have it working to the extent that I can power it up, home it, and move all three axes with jog or mpg. But without manuals I’m at a standstill because I’m inexperienced at CNC in general and this control in particular.

One basic but vital question I have is what’s the difference between a model A and model F control? I’ve seen operator manuals for each on eBay but don’t know which to get.

If there’s anyone out there familiar with this machine I’d sure like to hear from you!

Many thanks,

Travis

Wow, I have only seen one of these, I installed it out in Lancaster PA area many, many years ago.
I "think" the Fanuc programming manual will get you pretty far but the top layer of software is usually provided by the machine tool builder. Hopefully someone will see this post and have a copy of the Bridgeport operators manual.

Mr Bridgeport

Thanks for your input! I’m gradually getting familiar with it and hope to learn by making a lot of mistakes…maybe some parts of manuals will show up at some point.

Back