What's new
What's new

Recommendations on where to find a (new or like new) Hardinge 3 jaw chuck ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
With reversible jaws, 6 inch diameter. Does Bison have one with the Hardinge tapered back already mounted...or purchase each separately ? Would consider European or Japanese makes as well... :scratchchin:

I bought a new Pratt & Whitney 6" set thru chuck and Hardinge taper adapter last year. To my surprise after getting quotes from 4 vendors MSC had the best price beating the next closest quote by $100.00. Couldn't find one that didn't need the adapter plate.

I have a NIB BTC brand 6" 3-jaw (copy of Buck Ajust-Tru) and a new PBA steel taper nose adapter plate to fit. I also have a PBA (Pratt Burnerd America, made in England) Setrite steel body 6" 3-jaw that appears unused but has a ding on the side of the body. Looks like it got dropped on a socket head cap screw. The same PBA adapter fits the PBA chuck. The chucks have two-piece jaws.

Larry

I bought a new Pratt & Whitney 6" set thru chuck and Hardinge taper adapter last year. To my surprise after getting quotes from 4 vendors MSC had the best price beating the next closest quote by $100.00. Couldn't find one that didn't need the adapter plate.

You mean Pratt Burnerd Setrite? This one? https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/08573065 I have a couple of them that I use on the Hardinges and Clausing plus a couple spares. I like them.

Larry

I have a NIB BTC brand 6" 3-jaw (copy of Buck Ajust-Tru) and a new PBA steel taper nose adapter plate to fit. I also have a PBA (Pratt Burnerd America, made in England) Setrite steel body 6" 3-jaw that appears unused but has a ding on the side of the body. Looks like it got dropped on a socket head cap screw. The same PBA adapter fits the PBA chuck. The chucks have two-piece jaws.

Larry
Sounds interesting...please email pic and prices to - [email protected]

Pictures of the PBA 4 degree adapter to fit a 6" Setrite or Ajust-Tru, still coated with grease.

DSC02698.jpg DSC02699.jpg

Pictures of the BTC copy of a 6: Ajust-Tru, still in the box and coated with grease, key included.

DSC02701.jpg DSC02702.jpg DSC02700.jpg

Sent email with prices.

Larry

Back