Recommendations on where to find a (new or like new) Hardinge 3 jaw chuck ?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    51,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3181
    Likes (Received)
    6034

    Default Recommendations on where to find a (new or like new) Hardinge 3 jaw chuck ?

    With reversible jaws, 6 inch diameter. Does Bison have one with the Hardinge tapered back already mounted...or purchase each separately ? Would consider European or Japanese makes as well...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dewees Texas
    Posts
    3,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    1130

    Default

    If you are needing just a few you need to ask Larry. Seems like he had more than one last month.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    31
    Likes (Received)
    110

    Default

    I bought a new Pratt & Whitney 6" set thru chuck and Hardinge taper adapter last year. To my surprise after getting quotes from 4 vendors MSC had the best price beating the next closest quote by $100.00. Couldn't find one that didn't need the adapter plate.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    813
    Likes (Received)
    4753

    Default

    I have a NIB BTC brand 6" 3-jaw (copy of Buck Ajust-Tru) and a new PBA steel taper nose adapter plate to fit. I also have a PBA (Pratt Burnerd America, made in England) Setrite steel body 6" 3-jaw that appears unused but has a ding on the side of the body. Looks like it got dropped on a socket head cap screw. The same PBA adapter fits the PBA chuck. The chucks have two-piece jaws.

    Larry

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    813
    Likes (Received)
    4753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaybuilder View Post
    I bought a new Pratt & Whitney 6" set thru chuck and Hardinge taper adapter last year. To my surprise after getting quotes from 4 vendors MSC had the best price beating the next closest quote by $100.00. Couldn't find one that didn't need the adapter plate.
    You mean Pratt Burnerd Setrite? This one? https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/08573065 I have a couple of them that I use on the Hardinges and Clausing plus a couple spares. I like them.

    Larry

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    51,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3181
    Likes (Received)
    6034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L Vanice View Post
    I have a NIB BTC brand 6" 3-jaw (copy of Buck Ajust-Tru) and a new PBA steel taper nose adapter plate to fit. I also have a PBA (Pratt Burnerd America, made in England) Setrite steel body 6" 3-jaw that appears unused but has a ding on the side of the body. Looks like it got dropped on a socket head cap screw. The same PBA adapter fits the PBA chuck. The chucks have two-piece jaws.

    Larry
    Sounds interesting...please email pic and prices to - [email protected]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    31
    Likes (Received)
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L Vanice View Post
    You mean Pratt Burnerd Setrite? This one? https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/08573065 I have a couple of them that I use on the Hardinges and Clausing plus a couple spares. I like them.

    Larry


    That is the one I bought, a great chuck.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    813
    Likes (Received)
    4753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Sounds interesting...please email pic and prices to - [email protected]
    Pictures of the PBA Setrite, no key.

    dsc02693-2-.jpg dsc02694.jpg dsc02695.jpg
    Closeups of two biggest dings
    dsc02697.jpg dsc02696.jpg

    Larry

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    813
    Likes (Received)
    4753

    Default

    Pictures of the PBA 4 degree adapter to fit a 6" Setrite or Ajust-Tru, still coated with grease.

    dsc02698.jpg dsc02699.jpg

    Pictures of the BTC copy of a 6: Ajust-Tru, still in the box and coated with grease, key included.

    dsc02701.jpg dsc02702.jpg dsc02700.jpg

    Sent email with prices.

    Larry


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •