What's new
What's new

Removal of a BP power feed motor????

labman

Aluminum
I have a Series 2 Bridgeport. It has power feed for the Knee & Power feed for the X & Y. I am missing a motor for the X & Y. So I am switching the Knee motor for the X & Y I removed the motor with the transmission housing attached. They are attached by 4 5/16 screws & that is it. I have removed them & the housing will not detach for the motor. The worm has slop & is not binding. I thought it may be pinned. I have done everything possible. I am wondering If I have to totally take apart the motor from the other side & maybe a snap ring is there?? I really rather not. I was told by some bridgeport workers it should just come apart after removing the 4 screws. Has anybody done this before??

GOT it!

I took a 6 x 1/2 x 6 piece of aluminum. Put it on the edge of the casting on the overhang, about 1/32 of casting on a all 4 side & gave it hell for about 15 minutes. It finally came off:willy_nilly: It only had a 1/16 boss , counter sunk for centering, but it must have been a press fit. The motor works fine:cheers:. If any one know of a spare Please let me know It is 6 inches in Dia. & about 8 inches long. Very rare I guess. I cannot find any.

Best,

Mark

8F power feed removal

Labman or anyone else -

I'm facing the same task with an 8F BP power feed. What part was binding and preventing removal? Was it the coupling, part no 76? The link below is for the 8F schematic. The bracket is off but the unit remains captive.

Based on the drawing the taper pin (77) has nothing to do with holding coupling to lead screw.

Any advice to minimize damage would be appreciated. Thanks in advance - TF:confused:

8F Drive Train - Bridgeport Repair Parts

Back