What's new
What's new

Storage Box For hardinge Div Head

morsetaper2

Diamond
Storage Box For Hardinge Dividing Head

What kind of storage box, if any, did Hardinge provide w/ their dividing heads? I'd like to make a wood box for mine. So would like to see what Hardinge did, or anyone else if you have made your own home-brew box or crate for the head and various pcs that go w/ a div hd.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Hardinge dividing head storage box 1.jpg
    Hardinge dividing head storage box 1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 373
  • Hardinge dividing head storage box 2.jpg
    Hardinge dividing head storage box 2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 863
  • Hardinge dividing head storage box 3.jpg
    Hardinge dividing head storage box 3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 465
Here's one I made a few years ago. It fits all the attachments for my dividing head, including a few special and extra plates I have accumulated.

Jim

Jim,

That's a really nice looking case there. Obviously you are a much better woodworker than I am. :) I have a general idea on what I want to do. But you have given me a few more. Thanks for the photos.

MT2,
My woodworking skills are adequate but not exceptional, like several who frequent this forum.

A couple points about the storage box that might be worth mentioning: all the pieces in the box are held in some manner so they don't bang around during handling. For example, the floor of the box has shallow holes to accept the "keys" on the bottom of the dividing head and tailstock. And not shown on these pictures are various blocks on the underside of the lid to hold each piece down into its pocket when the lid is closed.

Jim

Back