What's new
What's new

Replacing belts on 1961 Bridgeport Mill

Hittin'steel

Plastic
Hello,
So one of my mill's belts has broken off, which I assume to be the timing belt but I'm not too sure of the actual name. I'm not exactly sure which kind of belt to replace it with so that it's the correct one would anyone here know?

If anyone is able, would they also be able to please tell me the v-belt (I think that is what it's called, but it's the top belt) that my machine also needs?

Here are a few photos of the mill, thanks in advance :).

Mill 1.jpgMill 2.jpgMill 3.jpg

:Ithankyou:
A place for reasonably priced parts:
Timing Belts Archives - H & W Machine Repair
There are other places. Just type "Bridgeport parts" in Google.

Machine Manuals:
Bridgeport
Has the 1964 and 1966 Bridgeport manuals.
The old number for the V-belt is Glimer 3345 as found in the 1964 manual. In the same manual the timing belt is identified as
E2 Construction Spec TB 4B.
It's easier to just purchase the replacement belts for your step pulley mill from from a vendor
Although it is called the 'Timing Belt' it is really the Lo Speed/Back Gear drive belt.
John

Best to purchase from a place that sells Bridgeport repair parts. Both the belts on that model head are specials. besides, they are not that expensive.

Mr Bridgeport

Ah yeah, ended up going with H & W Machine Repair for the parts as they sold specific parts for the mill and their website was easy to navigate and order. Thank you for taking your time to respond though :).

Hittin'steel

Back