What's new
What's new

Round ram bridgeport

Kickatinalong

Plastic
Hi,
I am completely new to this so go easy!
I have a round ram bridgeport with an M head, it has the early power feed on the x axis on the table and is missing a few parts, the shift lever, top plate and a few nuts, does anybody know where there are parts available or does anybody have parts!

If it's a round ram, the power feed would be the old gearbox. Best chance for parts is EBay. AFAIK, they are not available from any source unless somebody just happens to have one.

Here's Tony's site: Page Title

Those that rebulid them get gears from Boston gear and machine to fit.
Here's a parts diagram for what it's worth: http://aafradio.org/sidebar/Bridgeport_old_drive_exploded.jpg

Here's a feed missing the motor
Bridgeport Milling Machine Older Type Power Feed | eBay

JR

Thank you for your replies, the diagram will be a big help, another problem is the round knob on the left of the head, the quill engage? Will not pull out ? Should it ? what does it do?

Which head
On a J head, the knob is for feed ratio
On an M head, there is a disc on the end of the feed shaft that you can adjust the spring tension. No power feed on an M head.
Go to Tony's site and look at all of the BP stuff so you're on the same page as everybody else. Page Title
Hey, don't worry, it's only taken me about 45 years to learn what little I know now.
JR

Thanks jr,
It's an m head, the knob I refer to is the quill fine feed engage, I've since discovered you turn it clockwise to engage fine feed,

Back