What's new
What's new

Series 1 Erskine controller diagram ?

captain-trumpet

Aluminum
Hi,

I`m Rainer from Germany and though I`m not new here is this my first post and I hope someone can help me out.

I`ve got a BR2J2 with an european Erskine table-feed controller + 6F motor.
I re-placed those golden Frako capacitors and the tablefeed worked again ... till I used the rapid reverse and the board blew at one spot.
This was repaired and I replaced 2 diodes and one more capacitor but still I do not have any power-output from the board.

My electronics-nerd says now he needs a diagram + specs of the board
Can anyone help ?

BTW: Anyone dealt with sorted-uk.com already ?

Thanks in advance
rainer

Hi Ranier

I've put almost complete data on the common version of the Erskine feed drive board up in the files section of the Yahoo Bridgeport Group including a typical circuit diagram. There are several versions of the feed drive board but essentially no functional difference, just component type and layout changes. About the only thing we don't have (yet!) is details of the pulse transformer so sourcing an off the shelf replacement will be a problem. There are firms in the UK that will repair for around £100 plus Vat & postage.

PM me with your E-Mail address and I can send you a data set if you don't want to sign up with Yahoo.

Clive

Clive, just wanted to let you know that the table-feed is working again !
I found 3 cold solder joints at the big coil and one more at the plug for all the wiring. The grey wire #12 was resoldered formerly. So I soldered all of them anew and the tablefeed works like a champ again.
Thanks also John Fletcher, Ken Willson and Guy Griffin.

Rainer

Hello Clive,
even though this thread is already very old, I hope for your help.
My name is Rudolf, I am from Austria and I am in the same situation as Rainer. I also have a European Bridgeport with the 6F engine on the x-axis. Unfortunately it doesn't work and I assume it's the Erskine board. Could I please get the data set from you as well. If so, I will send you a PM with my email address.
Many thanks in advance and greetings from Austria
Rudolf

Back